Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal Surgery
Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal Surgery in India
Gallbladder removal is commonly done surgical procedures in the world that are performed using minimally invasive techniques and high-end medical equipment that is called laparoscopic Cholecystectomy or Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal. Dr. Atul Mishra has done many laparoscopic Cholecystectomy or Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal surgeries in India along with his team of trained physicians and has handled complex cases.
What is Gallbladder?
Gallbladder rests beneath the right side of the liver and is a pear-shaped organ.
It collects bile from the liver and releases it aiding digestion. Afterward, bile travels to the small intestine through narrow tubular channels called bile ducts.
Removal of gallbladder doesn’t bring digestion problems in most people; however, a good surgeon is always the best option to have a look at the medical history and perform the surgery after evaluating every aspect of the surgery to produce fruitful results.
Things that cause Gallbladder Problems-
- Most gallbladder problems are created 8by the presence of gallstones. They are small and quite hard and are made up of cholesterol and bile salts.
- Currently, science has no known means to prevent gallstones. They can occur anytime to anyone.
- As you get older, gallstones become very common. Hence, old age can be a factor. Sometimes, it has been seen to occur in females during their gestation period.
- Jaundice often attacks the person when gallstones block the bile ducts.
How Gallbladder Problems are Found and Treated
- Usually, it’s the ultrasound that scans the gallbladder problem. It’s the most common method used to find gallstones.
- CT scan or gallbladder nuclear medicine scan is done when the medical condition is complex and the physician wants to understand the case better.
- Gallstones don’t go away easily. Some can do due to dietary adjustments, but it has a short-term success rate. As the fat starts building in the body, the problem can return. Hence, in most cases, they need proper treatment and medication.
- Removal of gallbladder using surgery is the safest and most preferred method around the world.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal Surgery
- Only four small openings in the abdomen.
- Minimal post-operative pain.
- Faster recovery.
- Quicker return to the daily activities.